Ceiling fans aren’t a new concept, but you may be impressed by the new technological and design benefits offered by modern ceiling fans. For instance, did you know ceiling fans can be used to keep your family cool even in outdoor living spaces?
Fusion Electric is giving you an expert explanation on how ceiling fans can be used to enhance your home, along with some great examples of unique and modern designs. Continue reading to learn more!
The Lasting Benefits of Ceiling Fans
The first electric ceiling fan made its appearance in 1882, the invention of Philip Diehl. It was such a hit, that he soon had a slew of competitors. Over the years, their design evolved and they remain a popular feature in today’s homes for a number of reasons, including:
- their ability to circulate air
- their cooling capacity through the wind-chill effect
- their ability to reverse direction and improve the efficiency of home heating by bringing cold air to the ceiling and forcing warm air down into to the living space
- their use allows the homeowner to set the thermostat higher, yet remain comfortable, thus saving on air conditioning/electricity costs
- their ceiling location means they’re safer than floor or window fans because they’re out of the reach of children and pets
Ceiling Fan Design Trends
In early stages of popularity, ceiling fans had great features, but there were also plenty of drawbacks that homeowners found discouraging. They were relatively loud and there weren’t many choices in styles for the design-conscious homeowner.
Fortunately, those days are over and today’s ceiling fans boast vast improvements in both style, functionality, and noise reduction. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Unexpected shapes and finishes are plentiful amongst ceiling fans these days. No more “one-size-fits-all” ceiling fans for your home!
- Streamlining fans are perfect for a more modern look and allow subtle lighting details and a minimalist look.
- Sleek industrial fans work wonderfully in rustic chic settings to add a bit of masculinity and balance.
- Artfully designed fans add a functional, and eye-catching design focus to any room.
- There are many larger-scale models gaining popularity in today’s market that work well with cathedral or other high ceilings. These add better functionality to big rooms, as well as a better balance in size from a design standpoint.
Installation of ceiling fans (especially areas with high ceilings) is best left to the professionals, and Fusion Electric of Kansas City can install your fan with ease! Professional installation ensures maximum noise reduction and full use of all fan functions.